Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Carp are Spawning, The Carp are Spawning

It sounds ignorant now, but until yesterday I had no idea there were carp in my mother-in-law's stock tank. I was driving my son Paul and his friend Arthur down near the shoreline to do some work when Paul yelled from the back of the pickup that he just saw a huge fish.


It turned out to be more than just one large fish. The carp were spawning in the shallow water near the bank. After finishing our work, Paul and Arthur got a net and went hunting for garbage fish.

Paul netted one within minutes. Here are pictures of their adventure:

If you look closely, just feet from the bank, you can see the fish breaking the water.

This is Paul saying, "I don't care if this is a garbage fish. I netted it!"

The search for more spawning carp.

Arthur has still never caught a fish in his life with a net or otherwise. We'll take care of that within the next year. At least they had a good time wading with the carp.

This is the carp just before we returned him to the water. He didn't appear to have as much fun riding in the bed of the pickup as Paul and Arthur did.

No comments: