Friday, July 17, 2009

Mistaken Identity

Sometimes kids say the darnedest things.

I was at the movies with my children watching advertisements and trivia on the screen before the feature started. A slide appeared that encouraged those in the theater to guess a famous actor. The actor had been removed from a frame and a short description hinted at his identity.

In this case I felt like the hint made the guessing easy. Among other things the slide indicated that the actor played the donkey in Shrek.

Isaac, who is generally pretty good with trivia, said, "oh, oh, I know this one!"

We all waited in anticipation for him to say "Eddie Murphy." He thought about it for a second. Anticipation began to build. Then he blurted out "It's Martin Harris!"

Of course, me and the older children all laughed.

That has got to be the first time EVER that somebody mistook Eddie Murphy for Martin Harris, a prominent figure in the early history of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

2 comments:

Moore Fun Stories said...

That is funny.

Janadt.Huggins said...

Hahahahha! It shows you've taught your children well. I love it. I will think Martin Harris now every time I see Eddie Murphy and have a good laugh.