Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How I found my son's cub scout shirt

I think it was about a month ago that my son left his cub scout shirt up at the church. He took it off and forgot about it. Different members of our family have looked for it at the lost and found. We've asked people if they have seen it around, but until today we weren't able to locate it.

I had just finished up another early morning seminary lesson, and I was walking around the building making sure the doors were locked.

I walked into the foyer and saw one of the students that was just in my class. He stuck out in class because it was nerd day at school and he was wearing pants that showed off half his calves and his sister's striped socks.

The boy is thin and tall. When I walked into the foyer, I noticed he had added something else to his outfit. He was wearing a scout shirt that was several sizes too small. I admit, it looked really funny. When I saw him wearing it, I said, "hey, that's my son's scout shirt."

He was shocked. At first he thought I was kidding, but when he realized I wasn't, he took it off and gave it to me.

Everybody in the family was surprised when I came home with the shirt this morning. I just chalked it up as a benefit I received for teaching early morning seminary.

The ironic thing about this whole situation is that Isaac had scouts tonight, and he couldn't find where he put his shirt that I had just brought home this morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is some story. Did Isaac find his shirt?