Sunday, March 14, 2010
so close
Posted by
Brandy
at
8:18 PM
Paul Ivan finished his Eagle Scout service project back in August. He had not finished his camping merit badge, so he still had things to work on. At the end of January, he completed the last two nights of camping for the merit badge. He was officially done with all requirements EXCEPT the paperwork. Wow, there is a lot of paperwork. He procrastinated filling out the "project changes" sheet for his service project. In all fairness to him, there were a ton of changes, so I wouldn't have wanted to fill it out either. And then he had the official application for eagle to fill out. That was a test of his organizational skills. I tell ya, the best thing I ever did was buy him those plastic sheets for baseball cards. He had all his blue cards right there. It was awesome.
But now...yes now...he is finally done. We went to the scout office last week to get his application certified, but to our dismay he hadn't had a scoutmaster conference, so we were rejected. But that didn't stop him. He called his scoutmaster and met with him today, so now he is ready. Tuesday he will be able to contact the Eagle Scout Board of Review guy (a professor at Baylor we've never met) and schedule his board of review. I can't even believe it's real. He's been so close for what seems so long. Now that he's finished all the paperwork, I'm feeling a little guilty for all the nagging I've done. I have to admit...I nagged him almost every day. But now I can stop. Yeah.
Sorry it doesn't sound like it, but I am very proud of my son. He's worked very hard and has been very diligent. He deserves all the recognition he is going to get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats to Paul Ivan!
Post a Comment