
I never get to do this, so I'm totally going to do it now. Saturday I met Barbara Thompson (second counselor in the GENERAL Relief Society Presidency!). Yes, we shook hands, and she even put her hand on my shoulder.
She came to Arlington and held a training session for RS presidencies and bishoprics. Lindsey Blackhurst and I decided not to pass up this opportunity. It was well worth it. She spoke on two topics--how to live so that we can receive revelation and inspiration and the importance of ministering. She's a funny lady and very down to earth. I loved her humility and humor. I just wish the chapel wouldn't have been 50 degrees. Seriously, it was colder than ice. I thought Lindsey might freeze in place--she wore a cute little summer dress. At least I had on a long skirt and pantyhose.
Afterward we went to lunch at a great french restaurant (thanks Lindsey!) and attended a session in the temple. It was a great day with a great friend. Lucky me.
Monday, April 27, 2009
name dropper
Posted by
Brandy
at
3:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It may sound like luck but I believe it is about being the right person.
No, I was the blessed one. It was a totally 100% wonderful day & i'm glad I got to spend it with you!
And I was totally freezing my buns off- who'd have thought it would be 50 degrees INSIDE when it was like 80 degree outside?!!
Post a Comment