On a recent trip to Six Flags, Isaac, for the first time, rode a ride called the Boomerang. Riders are held at a steep incline before the cars are released and follow the track through a couple of loops and into another incline where the ride then repeats its course but in reverse.
After putting on a fresh coat of sunscreen, we measured Isaac to see if he was tall enough to ride. It was close enough that we decided to let him ride. A strict ride conductor may have told him to wait until next year, but this was our lucky day.
The fear began to show in Isaac when we were the next to ride and the coaster flew by us just feet away. He was pale. I touched his chest and felt it hammering away. In an attempt to calm him I told him "just hold on tight and everything will be all right."
My words turned out to be true. Isaac is still with us. He survived the Boomerang, but when we reached the first incline and hung there for a few seconds he screamed, "my hands are slippery!"
He said it with such conviction that even I got scared he was going to squirt right out of the shoulder harness. Next time I'm going to use a more scientific approach and quickly teach him about centrifugal force. Then we can both enjoy the ride.
After putting on a fresh coat of sunscreen, we measured Isaac to see if he was tall enough to ride. It was close enough that we decided to let him ride. A strict ride conductor may have told him to wait until next year, but this was our lucky day.
The fear began to show in Isaac when we were the next to ride and the coaster flew by us just feet away. He was pale. I touched his chest and felt it hammering away. In an attempt to calm him I told him "just hold on tight and everything will be all right."
My words turned out to be true. Isaac is still with us. He survived the Boomerang, but when we reached the first incline and hung there for a few seconds he screamed, "my hands are slippery!"
He said it with such conviction that even I got scared he was going to squirt right out of the shoulder harness. Next time I'm going to use a more scientific approach and quickly teach him about centrifugal force. Then we can both enjoy the ride.
1 comment:
First, Isaac is braver than me!
Second, Apply the sunscreen AFTER the monstrous roller coaster ride!
Third - You are all crazy riding that thing!
Fourth - When you die from riding those stupid rides, Who am I going to tease about becoming the next BISHOP!
Post a Comment