My dad has been working in Puerto Rico for a little while now. My mom decided that when she went to visit him this month she wanted to take my son. Reluctantly I'm letting my boy grow up, so my husband and I bit our lips and let him go. Paul Ivan is having the time of his life--literally. He's never visited a beach before this trip. Now he is swimming in the Caribbean Sea every day. He's attended sacrament meeting in a small Spanish-speaking branch twice! The first week the newly-called Mission President was visiting, so that was a thrill for him (The Mission President spoke English!) When I asked him if they had stayed all 3 hours of church, he told me that the branch only goes for 2 hours and since he was both the oldest and youngest kid there, he and my parents decided to leave after the first hour. Good call (especially since he didn't receive the gift of tongues and he wasn't being taught the gospel in his own language). We'll just chalk this one up as preparation for his mission.
In addition to new gospel experiences, he's having a great time in the ocean. My dad is all about the ocean! Remember--he's retired Navy. Paul Ivan sent me some pictures of his snorkeling adventure. His comment was: "while snorkeling, I saw turtles and lobsters." His words may have lacked enthusiasm, but I know inside he was doing cartwheels. This trip will be an awesome memory for him for the rest of his life. I'm thankful for the people who can provide my children with the things I cannot. Ok, more plainly--thanks Mom and Dad for taking Paul on this trip!
4 comments:
Do you remember when Mom and Dad took us to Puerto Rico? No? Me either. Lucky boy!!!
we are having a great time in Puerto Rico. Paul is a great swimmer and he's enjoying the water as much as his Mom use to. I think he wants to get Scuba certified. Oh Mom.......
Yeah! I'm so glad you are blogging!!! Are you truly not even the teeniest bit jealous?, cause I am.
I'm certainly jealous. The only beach I've been to is Galveston - Yuck! I'm glad y'all are blogging. What is Tonya's blog address?
Post a Comment