Sunday, February 1, 2009

My valentine is the best valentine for me II

Brandy and I have both been so busy lately that at times we have been like two ships passing each other in port. I was surprised when I got to church and picked up a newsletter only to find that she had written a short article.

It totally melted my heart. Here is an excerpt:

Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I, personally, don't have any special attachment to Valentine's Day. It ranks near St. Patrick's Day in the list of holidays I celebrate. I'll try to get my husband something that tells him, "yes, Honey, I have bought into the societal pressure to tell you that I love you today." But the holiday itself does not make me love him any more than I would otherwise.



It reminded me of a blog post of mine from last year:

I was struggling to come up with original ideas for Valentine's Day to show my wife how much I love her. I expressed my dilemma to Brandy last night.

This morning I called her from work and she told me that she had picked out a card for herself and put it on our desk so that I could sign it. Her sacrifices in my behalf continue to mount and my love for her grows every day.

I wish every man could be as lucky as me.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have always sort of boycotted V'day...I think it's just another reason for "stores" to make money...WHY should someone else tell me when to show my love for those who I care about. This year, we are going to try and make homemade Vday cards to pass out at school - hopefully it will make Abigail understand the importance of caring for others enough to take the time to show it. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

You have a great wife an family man an it's nice to see that you see it too. But this year maybe you should go get the card for her huh?? Just a thought brother

Unknown said...

Awe common show love be happy. Enjoy this Valentines Day. I am a great romantic. Even though I do not have a sweet someone. I have alot of love for my family. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY.
Mom.Grandma.