Emma had a short award ceremony before school today. She was one of the many recipients of the "I know I can" award.
Parents are encouraged to attend, so I did. I was trying to be coy and not let her know she would be receiving an award but still invite myself onto the campus. As we were talking she said, "I don't want my parents to see inside my school."
I thought to myself, "she is only in preschool and she's already embarrassed she has parents. I thought that didn't happen until at least middle school."
When it became clear to her that I was going to be walking through the school doors with her, she started prepping me for what I would experience.
She said, "every morning we sing this one song that says 'land where our fathers died' -- it's not a very good song."
I'm not going to talk to her anymore about this. I'm just going to hope she didn't want me around because she sings that song about me everyday.
Friday, January 30, 2009
My Country, 'Tis of Thee
Posted by
Paul
at
8:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
She has such a great personality and that photo is fabulous.
What a beautiful girl!
She must love you quite a lot to want to keep you from from knowing that they sing about her father's dying.
When I was young there were a couple things I said too that were literal interpretations of the words and not the common conotation.
That is too cute :) Jodi
Post a Comment