I don't totally understand why but for the past month or so our daughter Emma has been fascinated with whether people are "under arrested" or not.
When we pass a highway patrol officer who has pulled a driver over she asks us if that man is getting "under arrested." If she sees a police officer on a television show she stops what she is doing and watches with great interest, often asking the same question.
Isaac got some toy handcuffs for Christmas. For a couple of days Emma walked around with them and said, "FBIs, your under arrested!" One time I tried to slap the cuffs on her while playing. She got scared and ran away.
I think Emma genuinely fears getting arrested. Last night we were having a family discussion and she told us about all the dreams she had recently about people being arrested. She has had separate nightmares that her mother, grandmother, grandfather, sister, brother and herself have had handcuffs put on them and been detained.
Now I understand why lately I have been waking up and she has been in bed with Brandy and I. I wonder if her dreams would improve or get worse if I taught her about bail bondsmen?
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Under arrested
Posted by
Paul
at
11:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Paul, explain to her that she is a democrat (much to my dislike) and Obama will set her free. Now for me, Obama would put me away for life. Love, Paka
Think she will benefit by spending more time with Uncle Jason? Maybe she could go on a ride along.... lol.... She could ask the people that he pulls over if they've ever been under arrested...
Oh, one more thing... It's not a BAD thing for her to fear getting arrested. I do also. I think more people should fear getting arrested. Then maybe, just maybe there would be less crime. Foster that fear....
Fear is a temporary motive. Fearing being arrested may be a deterrent for some of the people some of the time, but it is not a deterrent for all of the people all of the time.
Love on the other hand is a long lasting motive. Maybe teaching Emma that police love the people and are trying to protect them would get some great mileage.
Emma is so cute.That girl says the darndest things. The fear is big if she dreams it.Tell her you are all good law abiding people. And no ones to worry.Only people who do real bad things are arrested.Say her prayers and sleep well, God is with you.
Post a Comment