Monday, January 26, 2009

Emma, fashion extraordinaire

This morning I got out of bed and went into the kitchen where Emma, our four-year-old, was eating breakfast. I leaned close to her as she sat at the table and in my deepest voice said, "goood Moorning."

She looked up at me and said, "are you happy at me?"

I said, "sure I'm happy at you. Are you happy at me?"

She then scanned me from head to toe and basically said everything was fine with me except for what I was wearing.

I still gave her a ride to school, but only because I love her. I can't wait until she's a teenager and my wardrobe really embarrasses her.

6 comments:

TonyaKuykendall said...

That girl..... she has a very peculiar sense of fashion... I'd be afraid to leave the house in an outfit she picked out for me....

TonyaKuykendall said...

Maybe she'll be Red Carpet Commentator one day.... Put Joan and Melissa Rivers to shame...

Larry said...

Don't depend on Debra for wardrobe advice either.

Unknown said...

SHE IS SO CUTE.I WONDER WHAT KIND OF OUTFIT SHE WOULD HAVE WANTED YOU TO WEAR FOR WORK.SOMETHING BRIGHT ,COLORFUL AND SPARKLING?
SHE IS NOT THE BORING BEIGE TYPE.
gRANDMA.B.

THE GREENMONSTERS said...

That's something Ethan would say! We had our first meltdown ever this week about clothes. I usually pick out his clothes every morning and for the first time he didn't like the pants they were red and he said he would look like a tomato! We obviously have no fashion sense!

mistyp said...

That is funny. Maybe it has something to do with kids who were born in those couple of years...Briel is very color/fashion opinionated, too! :)