I lived on the island of Antigua for six months while serving my mission. The island is very flat compared to other Caribbean islands like St. Vincent or Grenada.This photo was taken from Boggy Peak, the island's highest spot (1,330 ft.).
Antigua's prime minister, Baldwin Spencer, plans to give our new president a "top" honor for his birthday on Aug. 4. He said the island would rename Boggy Peak to mark President Obama's 48th birthday.
I guess if I ever make it back to Antigua with Brandy, we'll have to go visit a place I'm familiar with. Mount Obama will always be Boggy Peak to me.
(Elder Peck, Elder Romer, Elder Hayes)
3 comments:
Nice flip flops man. They kinda reminded me of Anths shorts.
That's funny, Jake. I was commenting to Brandy last night about how ridiculous those flip flops looked. I told her I was going to crop them out of the picture, but she laughed and told me to just leave it in to give the true flavor of the event.
I obviously didn't hike that peak!
The scary thing is that as I have aged, I care less and less about fashion. I probably have a couple pair of Anthony shorts in my drawer right now. :)
I never would have noticed the flip flops with out Jakes comment. Funny.
Post a Comment