I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with my mom or my son. Wow. Look at this picture. My mom took it from the stands at Paul's track meet this afternoon.
This is Paul's first time competing in the pole vault. He's wanted to do it for a couple of weeks, but the coach just taught them how to do it this week. This particular jump was his third attempt at about 7 feet. Sadly, milliseconds after this shot, his lower arm hit the bar, and it fell, but I still admire his clearance. This guy may have a future in the pole vault.
He also ran the 800 for the third time. He came in third place out of about 15 guys. My son is an athlete, and I think track may be the place for him to shine.
2 comments:
The race does not always go to the swift or the contest to the strong. I am sure that Paul's persistence will make him a winner in all that he persists to do.
Check out my green spikes
Post a Comment