Monday, March 23, 2009

quantity vs. quality


First, I'll freely admit that there isn't much "quality" to this blog. BUT...lately there hasn't been much quantity either.

I am on the home stretch of my night classes. Three weeks and I'm done (until July--but in July I won't be working all day). I'll be glad to have my evenings back. Maybe I'll blog more. Maybe.

Over spring break, the rain cancelled our plans for Sea World, so we went on a little museum tour. About 2.5 hours south of Waco is Brenham. It's the home of Blue Bell ice cream. We toured the plant. Then we went to the original capitol of Texas--Washington on the Brazos. We were running out of time for our last stop, so we skimmed the visitor center and headed north to College Station--home of the George Bush Presidential Library. It is a really nice museum. I never really noticed how much the two George Bushes look alike. My mind kept playing tricks on me with all the old photos. I knew I was seeing the father, but I kept thinking it was the son. I guess it's been a while since George, Sr. was president.

It rained the whole day, but we just ran from the car to the museum and back. No big deal. We had a couple of umbrellas. One thing that made the day fun was that it was my dad's birthday and he came with us. Spending the day with Paka and Grandma just made the day even more special.

Don't think that the Presidential Library replaced the trip to Sea World. Nope, the kids took an IOU.

No comments: