It was my mom's birthday last week. My mom is 20 years older than I am, and since I'm not old, neither is she.
A couple of years ago, my kind-hearted mother wanted to take the stress (and expense) out of gift-giving, so she told my three oldest children that instead of buying her presents for birthdays and Christmas, she would prefer that they play her a piece on the piano. My kids agreed.
So last week when it was time for Isaac's birthday serenade, he sat down at the piano and started playing his most current "memorized" piece. Can you guess why me and Rebekah started laughing almost uncontrollably?
It's because we knew that the piece is called, "Old Woman."
Next year, we'll have to give Sister Johnson (our piano teacher) the heads up, so that in February, she'll assign a more appropriately-titled piece.

3 comments:
I think Isaac had a blast playing that for me. It was great hearing all the laughter that caused. Paul and Rebekah still need to play me a song. Tell them I haven't forgotten even though I'm old Woman
L/Grandma
Your Mom has beautiful skin. Not a sign of a wrinkle either.That is so funny.I like the gift though.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Faye!
Ok, that is the coolest story ever! I think it's totally appropriate for a grandson to seranade his grandmother with the "Old Women" song. I'm sure she loved it :)
Post a Comment