For our family, August is expensive. We have two birthdays and four back-to-schools! Ouch. But I'm starting to think that May may become the month where time is at a premium.
I took my first day off of work yesterday. I had to take my teacher certification exam in the morning, so since I didn't know what to expect, I went ahead and just told the school I wouldn't be coming in. It was great (the day off, that is). The exam was 90 questions. I had 5 hours to take it. It took me just over 2. It was a grueling test for me (sorta). Being a math person, I am used to exams with right or wrong answers--not right and more right. The exam was mostly "what is the best way to" or "what is the first step" or "what is the most important reason" questions. It's enough to drive someone crazy. There was always more than one right answer, but they wanted to know the MOST correct answer. What's up with that?? (since I studied practice tests, I knew to expect that, and for the most part I was prepared.) I should have my results emailed to me within two days. If you don't hear back from me, just know I'm too prideful to tell you I failed.
After the exam, I cashed in a Christmas present. My lovely, generous, massage-school dropout sister, gave me a coupon for an hour massage. I noticed the other day that the coupon had an expiration date of May 30. Yikes. Procrastination almost cost me a great massage. I had a foot soak, reflexology, hot stones on my back, neck and shoulder massage, and face and scalp massage. I'm totally bragging--I'm sorry. But, thanks Tonya.
In other news--
The kids have been in scheduling overload. The schools around here decide to schedule all their field trips, parties, and incentive trips for the last two weeks of school. We've got kids going to field days, the movies, Wet-N-Wild day, picnic lunches, etc. The next two weeks should be fun for everyone.
Emma was awarded the "Heartprints" award in her Pre-K class for being kind to others. She is so proud of her bookmark with hearts all over it. She told me I could use the bookmark in my book, but then by the end of the night she had taken it back. I guess I wasn't worthy.
I finished my latest book, The Host by Stephanie Meyer. Paul got it for me for Christmas, but with my teacher class, I didn't have time to read it until now. It was really good. I enjoyed the plot and character development, but the whole alien-invading-human-bodies-thing took a little while for me to understand. I cried at the end. I have it if anyone wants to borrow it.
My dad left for Puerto Rico. We miss him.
I'm sure this is not it, but this post is long enough. I don't want to bore you to death.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
where did may go?
Posted by
Brandy
at
11:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am sure you did wonderfully on your test. I just realized that it is the END of May, where did May go? I enjoyed The Host too. I know some people didn't like it because they wanted it to be like the Twilight series, which it is not.
I wasn't a drop-out. I was a victim of foul play.
You'll pass with flying colors and a perfect score. Don't try to fool us!
No bordem while reading. Keep writing.
Post a Comment