On Wednesday, all the teachers from our district were taken to Riverbend Retreat Center in Glenrose for a two-day training event. I say "event" because it truly was a big deal. I had a wonderful time listening to the guest speakers and taking part in brainstorming sessions. I got to know more of the teachers and they got to know me a little. I'm so excited to be a part of this district. Lorena is dedicated to achieving excellence. I only hope I can do my part.
If you look at the pictures, you will understand why the whole time I was there I kept thinking of my kids. On Wednesday, we were given free time to explore the retreat center, and many teachers (sadly, not me) took advantage of the lake activities. My kids would have LOVED it.
When I got home Thursday night Emma greeted me with a hug, but a few minutes later she looked up at me and asked, "Mom, why did you go on vacation without us?" Ouch! I tried to explain that I wasn't on vacation, and that I had to go to training so that I could be a better teacher. I even mentioned that I was with her pre-K teacher and principal. She's right, though. I had a great time and the only thing that would have made it better was if I had my family with me.
1 comment:
Good luck Brandy- you'll be awesome!
Post a Comment