Sunday, August 2, 2009

she's growing up


A few days ago, Emma and I came home from an errand and as she passed her bike in the garage she proclaimed, "Yea, Paul fixed my bike." I thought to myself, "I didn't know Emma's bike was broken."

Then I looked to see that Emma's bike was without training wheels. That's what she must have been talking about.

I took Paul aside and kindly asked him why he took the training wheels off. He said,"Because Emma wanted me to."

Oh boy. Big brother Paul is so gullible.

As we parted, I remember thinking, "He'll be putting those training wheels back on in a couple of days."

As you can see, I was wrong. In the course of two evenings, Paul Ivan was able to teach Emma how to ride a bike. I am shocked. And proud. I guess I don't give either one of my kids the credit they deserve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not believe she is growing up sooo fast. Where did the time go??? Paka is going to be so sad to read that she can ride a bike by herself, school is already interferring with our vacation time with her. Lets try to keep her little for awhile longer. L/Grandma

Stamp With Linz said...

what a good brother! My brother taught me as well!

Anonymous said...

Paka is not upset because Miss Emma can ride a bike. That is the natural order of life. I am upset because Mr. Isacc is not wearing a helmet. Then again, I rode all over Falls County without one and never wore a seatbelt - seatbelts were not available them and when they were available were never used. I am still alive. Image that? Love, Paka