Monday, June 29, 2009

photography


I really wish I would take the time to learn how to take good photographs. I have several books and a very good camera, but I just haven't put the time and effort into learning.

We recently went to Cameron Park, and I decided to experiment with some different settings (without reading the manual to find out what the settings were for). I didn't get one good shot of Emma swinging. If you know Emma, then you know how much Emma loves to swing. I wanted to try to capture a crisp image of her while she was swinging. Obviously I wasn't successful.

In the first picture--why is the truck (which was driving by) clearly in focus, yet Emma is not?

In the second picture--the tree trunk on the left in the background is clearly in focus, but Emma is not!

It may not be any time soon--but one day I'm going to figure out how to take great photos in all kinds of situations. Hopefully Emma won't outgrow her love of swinging by then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for blogging!!! Emma does love to swing and she's good at it too. I know she was loving it. I'm glad to see her hair is still long. L/Grandma

Larry said...

First one must have the hope that there can be good photographs, and then through the application of faith and diligence, and persistence to the end, one can achieve a true focus on what is important in life.