My children tease me about my new shoes.
We were at an outlet center a few weeks ago and we bought two of our children pairs of shoes. The store had a deal on where you could buy two pair and get a third free. I splurged and bought myself my first pair of San Francisco Giants' sneakers, or my kids preferred term "gangster shoes."
They tell me that in order to perfect the look I need to get some really fat laces and wear baggy pants. I will just wear them as a walking shoe, thank you.
While I am on the subject of fashion, did you know that tube socks pushed down around the ankle are out? My kids love to tell me this, and I love to go out in public displaying what I call the classic sock look.
Most kids these days prefer what I call booty-socks or anklets. I think they are a fine sock for anybody who is not wearing slacks, but they do not look good with slacks. This is a lesson for young deacons.
Thankfully, my son agrees.
There are people who age gracefully with their wardrobe. Right now, to youth I apparently just happen to look like an old guy who wants to look gangsterish.
I'd like to use some of my newly acquired street cred to my advantage with my children, but I can't really think of a single reason it is advantageous.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Phat laces needed
Posted by
Paul
at
8:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Paul, love your shoes.Maybe this will help the team, I'm not sure I'd like the kids fashion as my legs are short already and pants down to my crouch would make me look that much shorter. Just wear the shoes don't go any futher.L/Faye
Paul by your shoes it appears you have joined 'Special Forces - SF' It matters not if you joined Delta, SEAL, Ranger, or the Israeli Sayeret, I am proud of you. Lets work together. Love, Paka
I bet you wrote that whole story just to use the term "street cred." Nice.
Post a Comment