Wednesday, December 17, 2008

you heard it here first, folks


I'm sure you've heard the news about the recent events tied to the governor of Illinois. Honestly, my first reaction was, "doesn't that happen all the time?" I've always been a pessimist when it comes to the amount (or lack there of) of integrity in politics. For me, maybe a "don't ask, don't tell" policy helps me pretend everything is on the up-and-up. But the "corruption" uncovered in Illinois has brought it into the spotlight, and it's disheartening.

Well, its disheartening unless you're the one that's going to benefit from it.

Isaac is going to be a doctor when he grows up. He's said this for many years now and I believe him. Actually, I've bribed him. I told him that if he would be a doctor, I would pay for his schooling to become one. (Then I encouraged him to join the military because they will pay for his school.) Well, yesterday Isaac told me about the deal his friend made with him. His friend wants to be the president of the United States when he grows up. And this friend promised Isaac that if Isaac will vote for him, the friend will hire Isaac to be the White House doctor and pay him $100,000 a year.

These boys are 8 years old. I can't wait to see what they're doing in about 40 years!

4 comments:

TonyaKuykendall said...

Tell Isaac that when he becomes a doctor I will become his patient and my insurance company will pay him 100,000 a year...

Anonymous said...

Go Isaac!!! Only 8 and you already have your foot in the door for a job. Will you take me to the White House when you make your house calls?? Tell your friend I'll vote for him too, just remind me because I'm sure my mind will be slipping by that time. L/Grandma

karin said...

That is HILARIOUS. I wonder what a 100K will be equivalent to then.

Anonymous said...

You go Isaac, I am counting on you to keep me and Grandma alive beyond our alloted years. Good luck but when I find out Heaven is better than earth - we are going to have a serious talk. Love, Paka