Friday, September 12, 2008

are you ready for some football....





Yesterday we attended our first football game. Well, the first game with our son as one the players! Paul Ivan decided to join athletics this year and has signed up for football, cross country, and basketball. He's been going to practice at 6:30am everyday and yesterday was his first chance to put his skills to the test. (and according to him--the first time to try to catch a ball with pads on and it's much harder than it looks.)

Lorena played Whitney (at Whitney--yes, it was a long drive!). We lost 12-0.

There's always next week.

Paul is number 80. He's on both offense and defense. He's a receiver and a right end (or something like that.) For play-by-play recap, you'll have to ask my husband. All I know is that Paul kept pushing this one boy and he had a ball hit him in the chest and bounce off (the "catching is harder in pads" experience) and one pass to him came woefully short. He played hard and was soaking wet with sweat in the 95 degree Texas sun. We're very proud of his effort and determination.

(you can click on the pictures and they will open up much bigger. Then you can see him (#80) much better.)

3 comments:

TonyaKuykendall said...

I'm sorry I missed it. I can't wait to root for him at a home game. I'll be shining my cow bell until then... Gotta love Texas football fans. I'll get Jason to bring the bull horn and we'll get an airhorn. What else can I bring....? Wing Stop?

karin said...

You are a great mom. Bryan already talks about our boys playing football and baseball but I am not looking forward to it (soccer I can handle). I don't know about the heat either...I love AC.
Good luck to Paul Ivan, football is a tough sport.
Congratulations to Paul on his award, it is nice to be recognized.

Anonymous said...

Paul can do whatever he puts his heart into. His discipline is amazing
Keith