Saturday, September 27, 2008

The great pumpkin caper is solved

Many people have negative feelings about the media. One of the complaints such people have is that the media only concentrates on the negative. As a media professional I wonder if people ever consider just how important conflict is to a story.

I would also agree, however, that there is too much negativity in the news. That's why I appreciated this story about a pumpkin patch in Toole, Utah. Another reason I enjoyed it is because I know Craig Pankratz from when he was in Texas earning a law degree at Baylor University. The story is about his parent's pumpkin patch.

I was drawn to this story on Craig's blog when he titled it: It's No Pickles Cartoon, But...

2 comments:

Larry said...

Was it Charlie Brown?

Some blockhead!

Craig said...

I also thought the story was well done but with one exception: Did you hear how the female anchor pronounced our last name? She said "prankats." Of course, I'm used to it. At least she didn't say "pancakes" or "pancreas." Or my favorite from my beloved Ecuadorians, "Pan...Pan... o no puedo (I can't)."