Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mormon Conspiracy



When I was on my mission people like this radio show caller were all over the place. I used to like going downtown in St. George's, Greneda and having young men get in very animated conversations with us, swearing we were CIA agents.

Walk by a certain tourist booth and the CIA shouts came raining down. They never had the time to follow us around for a week or visit church as invited. I swear those guys were some of my favorite people.

There are other conspiracy theorists who are more looney than they purpote Mormons to be. I was never very comfortable around this type.

My experience in the past few years as I have moved among circles of local government officials and other community leaders is that most of them tend to have an opinion about Mormons similar to Michael Medved -- or maybe they are just trying to fool me and the conspiracy is larger than I think.

Ha, ha, I'm sure life is more exciting when you are a conspiracy theorist, but I'm doing just fine, thanks.

2 comments:

Kent said...

I enjoyed your article and the video. Thank you for posting it.
Kent Vance

Craig said...

If there were a conspiracy to take over the U.S. government, we suck at it. Especially if Harry Reid is one of the linch pins. Boy did we ever screw up with that one.

I'd just appreciate it if our enemies would read our scriptures like D&C 98:5-6,D&C 101:77-80, and D&C 134, especially ex-Mormons (maybe that's why they're ex-Mormons: they never took the time to read them). They'd see what we really think about the United States and the Constitution.