After church on Sunday Brandy and I were sitting with Emma at the dinner table. Emma gave her second talk ever in primary but Brandy and I both missed it. Brandy was teaching Relief Society and I was speaking in Gatesville. Luckily, Grandma agreed to help Emma deliver her short message.
When we would ask Emma how her talk went her only response was to give us two thumbs up. I was digging for more information and testing if Emma's allegiance is greater to grandma or her parents. I asked her who she preferred helping with her talks Grandma or Mom.
She quickly said, "Grandma."
I felt kind of bad for Brandy, so to lift her spirits I asked Emma who is better at helping you give a talk mom or dad? Both Brandy and I know the true answer to this but Emma threw a curve ball when she looked at me with a big smile and said, "Dad."
Ahhh, the sweetness of a four-year-old. After I recovered from the shock of it all, I looked at Brandy and said, "you know she is just throwing me a bone."
Emma, of course, overheard it and quickly said, "yep, here's a bone," and she acted like she was throwing it across the table to me.
We're trying hard to break her of her sassiness, but sometimes it is just too cute and too funny to mess with.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Throw me a bone
Posted by
Paul
at
5:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Emma only says things like that because I let her take over the T.V. and we play. MOM has 3 other children to give her attention to but Grandma only has the grandchild that is with her at the time. When Emma gets hurt or is sick the one she wants is Momma.
L/Grandma
/---\__________/---\
|...................|
\___/-----------\___/
ASCII BONE
I tried to give you a bone, but the font changed it a lot.
Please don't break her of all her sassiness-she sounds delightful !
When boys are sassy it's different-they act like they just beat you at arm wrestling.
Robert+Kelly=4boys
What a sassy lil' girl, she is so stinkin' cute. It's amazing what a 4 year old comprehends.
Post a Comment