The post title sums up this last week. Between my four kids, they went to a total of five birthday parties. Wow! Bek was the only one not to receive an invite. But that's okay because she got to spend the whole afternoon and evening at her friend's house. And that's almost the same--except I didn't have to provide a present and there were no other kids there.
My kids had a great time at the parties. Isaac went to a horse-themed party and came home with the head of a horse pinata. Ya, just the head. I wonder how long he wants to keep it before I can go in and throw that away. He's been known to hold onto things a little too long.
Emma's first party was a princess costume party. She got to wear a princess costume to the party. Her second party, only three days later, was a Strawberry Shortcake party. When I woke her that morning, she cried insisting that she wanted to wear a costume to the party. (she was really crying because she was tired, but really did want to wear another costume.) Anyway, she came home with the neatest party favor--a real strawberry plant. With the arrival of spring, we are sort of getting into the garden mode at our house. Paul Ivan has started his gardening merit badge, so we've got some seeds germinating in the house. We've also got a few seedlings to plant in the permanent garden. So having a strawberry plant is exciting. I've never grown strawberries before. What a great birthday favor idea! So clever.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Happy Birthday!
Posted by
Brandy
at
3:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like too much partying for one mom. ;) I'm sure it was fun for the kids though. That is a good idea to give a plant.
Great job on getting the garden going. Remember that watermelon, melon, and zucchini need room to spread and grow. The strawberry plant will like partial sun or shade. I have a birthday coming in 6 months.
Brother Vance, what party theme are you going to have? I'll put it on the calendar.
Thanks for the gardening advice. The sticker on the strawberry plant says "full sun", so I'm glad you told me. I remember where Kari Work had her's and it was partial sun, so I'm sure you're right.
That is such a cute idea...too bad I have a boy, but I'll have to pass that along to friends.
Post a Comment