Wednesday, April 2, 2008

She's right, once again.

In an earlier post, I mentioned my new favorite website. The Pioneer Woman is fun to read and her photography is pristine. I love it. She talks about her life and photography on her home page, but her cooking page is where I spend my time. She's redefined "step-by-step." You'll have to go there to see.

Anyway, her recipe for "The Best Lasagna Ever" has proven to be true. We messed it up a bit by adding left-over taco meat instead of plain ground beef, but no worries...it was still great. The biggest problem was it overflowed my 9x13. I have to clean my oven now. I should have (and will in the future) made a 9x13 and an 8x8 out of this recipe. Then I can give the 8x8 away to someone and they will think I'm nice. But really I'll just be saving myself an oven cleaning.

Enjoy my pictures. Yes, I document my culinary achievements. And yes, this is the first one. (I'm not counting Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings I told you I made--they were awesome.)

Before
After
Hungry? I've got some left-over.

6 comments:

TonyaKuykendall said...

I'll take that 8 x 8 off your hands... I'll even bring you the aluminum pan to make it in.... Remember.. I buy the ingredients.. you make it.

karin said...

Your lasagna looks delicious- it makes me want to be in Texas even more. I think you should Tonya's offer (I would).
I was suppose to make her husband's sandwich but never got the stuff to do it and now Bryan would have to get the stuff and make it so it kind of defeats the purpose of me doing it. Maybe in the fall I will be able to attempt it.

Larry said...

Nobody makes better LASAGNA than Jeanette Cheshire Vance.

Anonymous said...

By all means, please have Jeanette post her "Very Best Lasagna Ever" recipe.

Larry said...

There is more to perfect LASAGNA than just ingredients and procedures. I am sure that the love she pours into it is an important feature.

Anonymous said...

The lady that puts recipes on that site is too funny... and her pictures are great! I think I mentioned before, my friend wanted to make the cinnamon rolls, but it's a procedure, I'm not much of a baker and it makes a million of them. I'll have to try one of her recipes someday. The lasagna looks divine!