Saturday, June 14, 2008

Carpet Cleaning


Today I finally got to clean my living room carpet. It's been in the plans for a couple of weeks, but the right time never came. So yesterday when our piano teacher called to cancel our lessons, I almost said, "Thank you!"

I normally just clean our "traffic areas." But today I went all out. I tried to move everything out of the floor, but our big ol' couch doesn't fit anywhere. So I put half of it in the kitchen and just moved the other half around. Boy, am I tired.

All during various cleaning stages, the girls kept asking, "Can we dance now?" Because apparently when I remove all the furniture and shampoo the carpets, our living room turns into a dance studio. Who knew?

One last thing--today is my honey's birthday. He claims to not care, but there are five other people in this house that care, so we win! And just so you don't think I'm ruining his birthday by turning it into a work-in-the-house day, he's gone all morning to church meetings, so the house will be back to normal--minus all the dirt and dust in the carpet--by the time he gets home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL.
Love KEith

karin said...

I love when my carpets get cleaned. My sister doesn't have living room furniture (and I hope she gets it when my children are grown) and they have "dance parties" almost every night.Birthdays are for the kids anyway right.
Happy Birthday Paul.

mistyp said...

Clean carpet is nice! Yes, Briel misses the TX heat and her friends, too. NO, I don't miss the TX heat or the warm tap water. We do miss TX friends though. :)

Larry said...

You can play on clean carpet, but playing on new carpet is forbidden.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.