Monday, June 2, 2008

My Dad, the adventurer


My dad has never had a "normal" job. For the last dozen years or so, he has travelled all over the place being the resident "expert." I'm not totally sure what kind of expert he is, although I know it has to do with bombs, ordnance, and I think hazardous waste. Whatever--I'm just his daughter, not his secretary. All I know is that companies fly him all over the world (literally) to enlist his help with clean-up projects.

See, they don't have that job here in Waco.

Currently, my dad is on Shemya Island in Alaska. It is on the Bering Sea, and apparently very cold. This picture was sent to me today--yes, in JUNE!!!

Maybe I should take a picture of us sweating outside in the blazing sun, so he will know the stark difference in our weather. Nah--he's native Texan, so he knows what it's like.

Keep warm, Dad. We miss you and pray for your safety. If you find something dangerous, don't touch it.

2 comments:

Larry said...

Dress warm!

Anonymous said...

It warmed up today to nearly 50. Hope to complete Shemya next week, lots of explosive material here left by our US WWII troups and the Japanese Army. Why can't we all just get along?