Isaac has had a hard and fast beginning to his summer. The day after school ended, he and my mother left for Alabama. The day after he returned from Alabama, he left for Cub Scout Day Camp.
Well, he didn't really leave. Day Camp was held in Waco.
Because Isaac doesn't officially join scouts until August, the Bishop allowed Isaac to go on condition that I and another parent, with a son in a similar situation, attend. So I had the privilege of attending all day Tuesday and Thursday. After having Paul attend this same camp in two previous years, it was a great experience for me to see exactly what goes on--and how much work is put into making this camp.
And it was good to just spend some time with Isaac.
I found out some things about my son during this camp. One, he's a pretty good shot with a BB gun. Two, he has a bony knob on his elbow that gets real bruised during archery. And three, he's still young enough that he thinks it is cool to have his mom hang out during camp.
I was a little worried about that last one.




3 comments:
The last one about being too cool to hang out with his mom, is one reason I don't want my kids to grow up.
He seems like he is having a fabulous summer so far, I hope he can think that playing in the backyard with his siblings is just as great.
Nope. Playing at home is not going to cut it for him. He's the only kid that says, "Mom, I'm bored." I have offically banned that phrase from our house. I'm trying to think of consequences to give him when he says it.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's growing up so fast. 1. birth 2. seven year old boy 3.webkinz boy! 4almost babatized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sinceraly, TORI ROMER
Post a Comment