Monday, November 17, 2008

Anybody want a peanut?

After reading a post on my brother Mark's blog about the movie The Princess Bride, I recorded it off television for our family to watch.

Our two youngest children loved the part where the swordsman and the giant are on a boat together playing a rhyming game. The scene ends with the leader of the three men saying "stop rhyming. I mean it!"

The giant then replies "anybody want a peanut?"

Isaac and Emma walked around for weeks repeating those lines and laughing together, sometimes I joined in.

Fast forward to tonight.

Brandy brought the children to Paul's first basketball game. Isaac and Emma took seats at the front of the bleachers, but Emma was having a hard time staying planted in her seat. She started walking up and down the side of the court. Her personality is such that a jaunt out on the court would not be out of character. To prevent that scenario from playing out Brandy told Emma "get back here, I mean it."

To which Emma quickly replied "anybody want a peanut?"

4 comments:

karin said...

I LOVE that movie. Maybe it is time to introduce it to my boys.

I bet Brandy had a hard time not smiling when Emma said that.

Larry said...

Best movie ever. It has everything. It has drama, fighting, sports, love, magic, and comedy. My children at home are not interested in watching it any more because I have watched it so much. Goodbye. My name is Larry. I came here to read your BLOG.

Anonymous said...

That Emma is something else!! I know Brandy had to smile at that. Emma is so comical, I love to watch her facial expressions, she has a great personality. How did Paul do in the game? Does he like it?? I miss you all very much. L/Grandma

Craig said...

When he was 2 or 3 years old, my youngest brother used to say "anybody want a peanut" and then do a somersault.

That movie is absolutely timeless.