Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Daddy-daughter date night

I had a great night tonight. Girls at church between eight and 11-years-old invited their fathers out for a date night. Each couple spread out their own blanket in the gym and we ate, fathers each shared an experience they had had with their child and then we played a short game. We filled the entire gym.

The women who assisted the girls in pulling this off did a phenomenal job. I was very impressed.

There were lots of great moments on the night but my favorite was while Rebekah and I were eating. I told her not to tell her mother but "this is the best date I've been on all year." She was literally beaming with pride.

Now I've got to figure out a way to impress Brandy like Rebekah did me. This could take a while. I wish I knew a bunch of talented and experienced women who could mentor me on such things. Rebekah is totally lucky.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a talented mentor . Her name is Brandy.
Mom B.

Larry said...

You can come over to our house and use our floor and put a blanket out and tell her nice things.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything went so well. I'm glad you had a great time, Rebekah's a great girl and has a wonderful sweet Spirit. Did Keith have a good time? L/Faye