Monday, November 10, 2008

a look into my past

I've read in the scriptures several times the phrase, "God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow." (or something like that) But the thought is definitely true. We have an unchanging God.

So lets review my past, and see if you are shocked at what happened.

1993--I went shopping at the mall and came home with a job at the toy store.

1995--I met a girl at UT who worked for an after-school childcare company. She introduced me to her boss and I was hired right away.

later in 1995--I hated the childcare job, so I looked in the paper and found a job at a telephone survey company. Got the job right away. A few weeks or so into the job, the "coding" department needed extra help so they pulled me off the phones (yeah for me!) and taught me about coding. I never worked the phones again.

even later in 1995--I moved to Provo and immediately found an opening at a similar telephone survey company. At the very end of the interview, I happened to ask a question about their coding department and was immediately hired for the coding department--never having to work the phones.

2000--I had just moved to Texas and needed a part-time job in the mornings. I called my visiting teacher to ask who the ward employment specialist was, and she told me that her and her husband owned a small company and were looking for someone at the same hours I was available. I was hired over the phone.

2003--Rebekah's pre-k teacher called me to ask if I would be interested in babysitting her grandson during school hours.

2004--The same teacher calls and tells me that the school counselor needs a babysitter for her two sons.

2006--Tonya has Jake and needs a full-time babysitter.

2008--Emma starts school, so I apply to substitute teach. While subbing at the high school last Monday, the secretary tells me the math teacher's aide quit and they needed someone.

Today, November 10, 2008--The high school principal calls to tell me they'd love to hire me and I start on Monday. This is my first full-time job, ever!

So--do you see the pattern? I don't find the right jobs...the right jobs find me. I have always been handed exactly what job I needed to have at that time in my life. I'm so excited to help out my family financially. I'm humbled to see the Lord's hand extending blessings to me, once again.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job!! Yes, I do believe that the Lord works in our favor a lot in our lives when we do what is right. Staying home and sacraficing all the years to raise your children and now the Lord has led you into the career that you went to school for. Great Job :) Jodi

Stamp With Linz said...

Congratulations, Brandy. Those kids will be so blessed. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bran, I'm so happy for you!! I know you will enjoy your new job. L/MOM

Larry said...

It seems that you should be able to integrate this new job into your continuum of items that are a part of the sets that make up your life. I hope you can differentiate between the extremes and tell if they are mixima or minima. Good luck with the maths (as the Europeans call it).

Anonymous said...

Great news Bran!!! I taught you to SCUBA dive, to drive, and let you parachute as a child. It appears only fitting that you teach me math. For the record, I was wrong -- you CAN learn things from books; you did. Love, Dad

TonyaKuykendall said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you. I know this will be just the beginning of many more blessings to you and your family. I know you have been a blessing to mine. I'm scared for you, though. It's a different world than you've known. I will pray for a smooth transition for you. What wonderful news.......!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Math, you are blessed and prepared for this one. Mom B.

Anonymous said...

Math, you are blessed and prepared for this one. Mom B.

Anonymous said...

Math, you are blessed and prepared for this one. Mom B.

Paul said...

I was going to say the same thing my mother did but since she said it three times, I thought maybe I ought to just let her words stand.

I know that the school is making the right choice and that you will be a huge asset for the staff and students. I hope you can teach in Lorena some day. It would help lots of students and help you help our children to choose good friends.

Unlike Tonya I am not concerned for you in the least bit. You have met every challenge life has given you with distinction and purpose. Those traits will make you a roaring success at the district.

Anonymous said...

Math, you are blessed and prepared for this one.
Keith

THE GREENMONSTERS said...

One question...are they hiring students...I know I would get the job on the spot!!! Congrats, knowing you, you will do an awesome job!