Saturday, November 8, 2008

The traveling in-laws

My in-laws enjoy traveling. This is a picture of them from 1993 when they visited Graceland. In the past few years they have been all over the world together.

I'm including a slide show of pictures from their second trip to Palmyra in the last two weeks. It sure makes me want to go back for a visit. During our first year of marriage Brandy and I visited them when they lived in Virginia. I visited more historical sites during that time than I had before or have since.

In case you don't know your Mormon history, Palmyra is where Joseph Smith and his family lived when he was shown the golden plates that he translated into what is now the Book of Mormon. Mormon's believe it to be a book of scripture that compliments and enhances the Bible.

The slide show includes pictures of the Grandin Building (where the first books were published), the Sacred Grove (where he had his First Vision), Hill Cumorah (where he found the plates)and the Palmyra Temple, which was built several years ago.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still have that coat, but thick dark hair gave way to thin grey. Such is life. Love, Paka