Mosiah 3: 19
For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.
I purpose that the natural man is an enemy to himself. Or herself in my case.
A little while back I read a blog entry on Deena's blog about her desire to be a runner. I read that with complete envy. Her entry was about the one day she stopped wanting to be a runner and started running. For the last few days I've been in the "wanting to be" mode. I've found lots of excuses for not doing the things I know I should do. If I would do them, I would be happy. I'm not, so I'm not. Understand?
This morning on TV Valerie Bertinelli was talking about her weight loss efforts. She said, "Nothing on the Thanksgiving table tastes as good as being fit feels." It only took two seconds for my mind to wrap itself around that one. She's right. And you know what--that is a statement from a woman who has obviously been working to overcome her natural self. I bet she didn't have that attitude last Thanksgiving.
So I pledge to myself to stop being my own enemy. I need all the people on my team that I can get. And I know where I'm going to start: tonight I'm going to bed BEFORE 11pm.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
I'm tired and don't want to do anything.
Posted by
Brandy
at
11:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I need to make myself go to bed earlier but I need to start after I finish reading Twilight and New Moon and Eclipse (I have the end of Twilight but I don't want to read it until I have New Moon to start). One of my goals was to read more- a book a week and Mr. Brown Can Moo Can You? doesn't count.
I am trying to have a list of things I need to accomplish for the week and I decided it doesn't matter if I get it done in one day or if it takes me all week, I just need to get the things done. I worked last week but this week has been a little more challenging, it is only Wednesday but I know that today hardly anything will get done- I am catching up on everyone's blogs (30 postings!) and Dr. Appt will consume plenty and I have quilting tonight- so I just have to be motivated before the game on Saturday- GO COUGS!
I think you can do whatever you set your mind to and you can have us (the Internet people or just me through email) support you in whatever you need.
Your title describes me today. I'm so tired and it's because I chose to stay up last night until 1:00 am. Getting to bed before 11:00 sounds great and I think I'll make that goal for myself as well.
I need to take your good advice, too!
You are on the right track, Brandy. You have a lot of faith, and I know you can accomplish your goals if you just have faith in yourself. You CAN do it!
Post a Comment