Our family attended David Estrada's Eagle Scout Court of Honor and it was impressive and emotional -- something we will likely use to encourage our son as he continues on his own journey toward attaining this high honor.
Tonight before the court of honor, I was trying to convey to David what an impressive accomplishment I think it is to earn Eagle Scout. When I told him that it was something I had never accomplished he immediately said, "but you served a mission."
I love that comment. It showed the high regard he has for missionary work, but it said even more. To me it showed that he really understands and strives to live the scout law. I'm confident that this is just the first major step in a life that will be defined, in large part, by service. I spoke with his grandmother at the court of honor and she said his next goal would be to serve a mission. That sounds like a natural progression to me, and I have no doubt he'll get there.
Saturday, November 24, 2007
One Who Belongs in the Eagle's Nest
Posted by
Paul
at
10:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment