I was eating breakfast with my brother this morning and almost choked on my burrito when he told me about a conversation he had with another brother yesterday. They were talking about why Keith moved to Texas, and Keith told him that he moved here because I was quickly becoming the "new Dennis of the family" and he came here to help me.
My mom grew up in a large family and at least once a year we visited most of her brothers and sisters with the exception of Dennis, who lived in another state. I met Dennis once in my entire life. Keith was basically saying that I have moved to Texas and started communicating less with the family.
There really is some truth to what he said, so even though we had a good laugh about it this morning, it bothered me all day.
Brandy made me feel a little better when I got home from work and she pointed out that while I don't call my brothers and sisters much, they don't call me much either.
I just wish Keith would have compared me to my Aunt Marlene. She lived out of state, too. We never saw her either, but I always felt like I knew who she was.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Whatever you do, don't call me Dennis
Posted by
Paul
at
11:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
If he called you Aunt Marlene, then he would have been calling you a girl.
I kept in better contact with my family when I lived in Texas than I do now and I live about an hour from most of my family.
Paul, it's really hard to keep in contact with your family when you live out of state. I should know, I only saw my family about once a year until we retired from the service. It's hard when you are trying to work, raise a family and do the things you have to do but I think you are doing a great job. We're glad you moved to Texas.
Hey, as long as everyone in your household is happy guess that's what really matters. :) Brandy is right...they should call you, too!
I now live about 15 minutes from one of my sisters and one of my brothers, but we really don't do alot together. We're all busy and it's ok! They know I love em!
Dennis, I mean Paul A., Keith has been exposed to allot of insecticides through his job. I would not put too much stock in everything he says about your behavior. On the wild chance Keith is on the mark, you may want to contact your family more.
Maybe I can be Aunt Marlene to you! HA! Although we don't talk much, you know I love you and I know you love me! I'll see you in March... =)
Paul my son. I met my brother Dennis when I was about four. Then as fast as he appeared he was gone.Air Force sent him many places.Once to Switzerland . He lived in Maine. Ended up in Arizona as a Jet mechanic.His daughter and Aunt Marlis are a few months apart.After he reached 70 I felt I finally know him.
Aunt Marlene is a sweetheart. She will love your comment.
Post a Comment