Saturday, November 17, 2007

WORLD'S LARGEST BRICK!


A brick certified by Guinness World Records as the world's largest stopped in Temple and Waco on Friday.

It weighed nearly four tons!

I tried to get Brandy to bring the kids to go see it, but she just couldn't make it. The "big brick event" was made possible by Acme Brick, where my sister-in-law works.

This photo was on the front page of the local paper this morning. I hear from a reliable source that the paper didn't plan it that way, but I guess it was meant to be.

In Temple a restaurant served fajitas to people who showed up. Many were asked why they came to see the brick, but the most common answer they gave was "I came for the fajitas." I know that if I had advance notice that fajitas were being served, I probably would have taken the time to see the brick, too.

2 comments:

karin said...

I would have gone for the fajitas too. But the boys probably would have enjoyed the brick.

mistyp said...

Wow! We saw the world's tallest horse in UT over the summer. However, the horse lives somewhere here in TX.