Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Acting Bug




For our ward Christmas party, the children and youth put on a play. Paul Ivan was asked to serve as part of the main cast. He's a way better actor than I thought he'd be. I was pleasantly surprised. Emma's nursery class was asked to sing a new version of Mary Had a Little Lamb: Jesus was a Little Lamb. She still walks around the house singing her song. Isaac was a shepherd. He's just to the right of center in the picture--the one with the glasses. Rebekah and Tori were angels.

Honestly, this play came at the end of a rather stressful, time-crunched day. I'm proud of myself. I made it to the ward party with 15 pounds of warm mashed potatoes, and five kids in costumes. So what if my angels are wearing togas. You go with what you've got.

2 comments:

karin said...

I would have loved to have seen those performances (especially the Nursery kids singing, I bet that was not an easy task for the leaders).

Michele said...

My favorite angel was the halo-wearing, glitter-winged Thor Hoffman. Gotta love a man who's THAT secure in his manhood.