Sunday, December 9, 2007

Here are Two Ways Saying "No Mas" Can Help You Live Longer

I grew up in a neighborhood with boxing fans living next door and across the street. Although I don't follow boxing anymore, I remember how big the Sugar Ray Leonard and Roberto Duran fights were. Duran was tough -- a fighter that could take a punch and use his own fists to hurt some of the toughest men in the world. It was shocking when he quit in the ring in a rematch with Leonard, reportedly uttering the words "no mas." It really was an international news event.

My father-in-law recently went out with some of the guys he works with in Panama. He attended a boxing match and met Duran, who, like many people who are middle age, apparently has trouble saying "no mas" at the dinner table.

After all these years, I never thought I would be saying this again, but "Roberto, I feel your pain."




3 comments:

Craig said...

But it's so hard to say no mas when the food is so deliciosa. Especially authentic Mexican food. I've got a sister-in-law from Mexico City, and every time she invites us to dinner, I eat so much that I feel like I'm about to pop.

But it's worth it, every bite and every inch!

Unknown said...

I think Frank needs to eat some off his plate!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the boxer needs a bigger shirt.