Friday, February 15, 2008

a couple of things to say


First off, I did it! My son's project won 3rd place. That's third out of 19 (as he pointed out). He was thrilled. Very proud of himself. I think he learned a great lesson in this: if your mom does your work for you, you will succeed. Life is good for our third child.

Secondly, I am a member of our ward's card exchange club. Each month we make cards and exchange them. So...I have a large stash of homemade cards. I've been doing it a year and a half, so I have every kind of card you can imagine. I thought it was economically practical for my husband to raid my stash rather than buy one at the store. He got busy and left for work, so I figured he didn't have time to go through my box, so I just picked one out. No big deal. If you need a card, I'll give you one, too. Come on over.

And finally, I thought I'd share a little of my hubby's gift to me. He stayed home a little longer yesterday morning before going to work. He watched the kids while I showered. When I came out, I hurried and got dressed and went about the day. After he left for work, I went into our room and noticed he had made the bed. Wow--he's never done that before. What a nice sentiment. He had also started a load of laundry. He does that on occasion. Later in the afternoon, I remembered about the laundry and moved the wet clothes into the dryer. There were two never-before-seen pillow cases. And then I pulled out the top sheet that was on my bed the night before. So I investigated, and sure enough he had bought us brand-new, very high quality sheets (his gift to me cost five times my gift to him!). The bed-making was just a cover-up. So now, I have completely new bedding: a new bed skirt, comforter, matching pillowcases, and now sheets. It's almost elegant. (funny-something in my house being described as elegant.) Thanks so much, honey!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's so sweet!!!! He made the bed and started laundry!!!! That's present enough... I can't wait to see. TK

karin said...

What a great gift- a shower where you aren't worrying about what the kids are doing, a made bed, laundry started, and NEW, FANCY sheets.

Jeanette said...

Way to go Paul! I was a little worried about the camel face picture. Love is sure in the air at your house.

Anonymous said...

good going Paul!!! Great presents!!! Do you give lessons??