Brian Crane was born into a Mormon family in Twin Falls, Idaho in 1949. They moved to the San Francisco Bay area when he was two years old.
Crane attended Brigham Young University where he met and married Diana, a fellow student. He received an Art degree in 1973. After graduation, he worked at advertising agencies around the country, finally making the Reno, Nevada area the family home for his wife and seven children.
Brian Crane does not directly mention Mormon religious issues in his cartoon but adds background elements such as church magazines and temple pictures on the walls.


2 comments:
I always get a chuckle reading Pickles. I knew the cartoonist was LDS, but hadn't known the details. I'd be interested in seeing one of his strips which contains some LDS symbol, I always look, but haven't ever seen anything.
I love Pickles. Because of your post, I posted a Pickles comic strip on my blog that I clipped from the paper several years ago. Check it out. It's pretty funny.
Post a Comment