I was in church talking about the game with a fellow Utah fan and a civil cougar fan. We were talking about the great game, expressing dismay about the final outcome, and wondering which ref had been college roommates with Tom Holmoe.
As we talked, Elder Wirthlin walked down the hall and came to greet us. He walked
up and asked how we were all doing. The Ute fan I was talking with said "we are just trying to get over that game yesterday." Elder Wirthlin frowned, looked at the ground and just started shaking his head. "It's a tragedy, just tragic!"
Monday, February 18, 2008
Two Sides to Every Story
Posted by
Paul
at
10:33 PM
I thought of his frequent reminders recently when I found the entry below on a Ute message board. It was written in Nov. 2006 after BYU beat Utah on a miracle last minute play.
The Utah man said:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The BYU/UTAH game is one game I try to miss [not that I have to try too hard]. Having spent 3-1/2 years at BYU and reluctantly transferring and graduating from the U of U, I never know who to cheer for!
Kyle
I would call that a miracle, not a tragedy. It is pretty rare when I miss a BYU game- basketball season is ending, maybe Saturdays (and some weekdays won't be spent watching games).
You know, this story is a perfect example of how even general authorities aren't perfect yet. I guess we'll just have to be patient with Elder Wirthlin. Of course, this is the only area I've got the advantage on him.
Post a Comment