Thursday, February 7, 2008

Webkinz Boy


Our son Paul is at a great stage in life where image is everything and being cool is the only way to be -- some people call it middle school. He acts like he can't understand why his younger siblings are into the Webkinz craze, but in reality he understands and it takes an awful lot of self control to be above it all.

He has dedicated two posts on his blog to Webkinz. The first was about his brother and sister and their dedication to the craze. But the post he is most proud of, however, is the one where he caught me playing a Webkinz game and took a picture. He ended that post with "how do people like this stuff?"

I told Paul that I was going to find him playing Webkinz one day and that when I did I would return the favor. I didn't have to wait long. Last weekend he was in the living room with Isaac when I walked out of my bedroom and snapped this picture.

When he saw the camera he started running from the uncool computer game that only children play. It's a middle school thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. Good going mom. Keep it up. You will need these things for his future bride. JCV

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul Ivan maybe you should get you a webkinz??

Anonymous said...

I gave up my dolls at an early age. Then as an adult I met an 80 year old woman with the most wonderful doll collection. She told me she never stopped playing with dolls.She washed there clothes regurally and dressed them.
I love dolls.Always have.
I personally have no interest in WebKinz.But let the games go on.
Have fun. Gramma B.

Anonymous said...

HA ha Maybe I will get Paul a Raggedy Ann doll for Valentines..

Michele said...

Busted! Not just for playing webkinz, but for leaving the computer in such a precariously perched position in order to flee. Must be pretty embarrassed!