Sunday, May 4, 2008

Been There, Done That

This week was the big sixth grade trip to Corpus Christi to visit the USS Lexington. Paul Ivan left early Thursday morning and returned Saturday evening. He had a wonderful time. I'll encourage him to blog about it on his blog.

Some interesting facts about his trip:
1. He left with over $60 and came home with $1.
2. We let him take my cell phone with him, and today he asked, "Mom, why is it that I can't have my own cell phone?"
3. Paul visited the Texas State Aquarium, National Seashore, and toured the ship, and his "favorite" part of the 3 days was the ghost stories told on Friday night with a scavenger hunt afterward.
4. I bought him two disposable cameras at Wal-Mart before he left. The waterproof one was pricey--$10, but the "normal" one was less than $4. Paul ran out of pictures, so he went to the aquarium gift shop to buy another camera, and learned a little about free enterprise when he shelled out $11 for a regular disposable camera.
5. His souvenir t-shirt has a picture of the Lexington on the front, with "Been There Done That" on the back.

So...there's no denying it. My son is growing up and his inner teenager is starting to emerge.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jamie's comment is "Paul's already in 6th grade!"

Andrea said...

I love this post. It seems so far away, but I know we'll be there soon and I'm scared.