At stake conference last night a speaker referenced wearing her shoes out in service to the Lord. It reminded about an experience I had on my mission.
As my mission was drawing to a close, my shoes had become so worn that I was concerned they would just fall apart and I would be left with only socks. I couldn't call home and didn't want to ask for any extra money. The sacrafice my father had made to allow me to serve was great.
Each month missionaries would receive $30 to spend on toiletries, stamps and other supplies. When I received my final allotment of personal spending money, I used it to purchase a new pair of shoes.
The only pair I could afford had a large purple stripe running down the side. That I purchased the shoes is a testament to the shabbiness of my other pair.
I was grateful to have a new pair of shoes and for the black Sharpie that helped me erase that big purple stripe.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Black Dress Shoes with a Purple Stripe
Posted by
Paul
at
6:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment