Well, Friends, today was election day. I've always heard the phrase, "every vote counts", but today we're living it. Not really, but kinda.
In the Lorena City Council race, there were 3 seats available, with 5 people running. Here's the breakdown:
Person A: 67 votes
Person B: 66 votes
Paul: 63 votes
Person C: 45 votes
Person D: 35 votes
So you see that we're really glad there were three seats, and not just two.
It's going to be fun to see what this new position will hold for Paul. It's also exciting that 63 people voted for him, because I don't think we even know 63 people in Lorena!
side note: the official title for a city council member is "Alderman." I don't think he's called "Alderman", but that's just the position's name. And on a related note, Alder is the last name of Paul's favorite mission companion. Kinda weird.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
You can call him Alderman
Posted by
Brandy
at
8:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations Paul. It is pretty cool you won the election. Let me know how it all goes.They got a good man when they got you on the council.
Mom.
Congratulations. I was hoping to find the news in the paper this morning but didn't. Thank goodness for blogs. Good Luck and do what is right.
Interesting tally. The new mayor of our town won by around 60 votes.
Congrats on the win! I know you've been considering a run for a while now. You'll do great.
Post a Comment