I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I stumbled across an article on Brian Crane on a new Web site called Mormontimes.com.
I was not familiar with Pickles, created by Crane, until my dad brought up the comic strip while he was visiting two weeks ago. I am quickly becoming a fan.
My boss recently considered making changes to the comics page at the Telegram but decided against it when he was deluged with passionate emails. I plan on talking to him and asking him if one of the comics he was considering adding was Pickles.
One of the things I like best about being a reporter is taking the Sunday comic page home and giving it to my 7-year-old son Isaac. He loves comics.
Remember the Snoopy valentine's box Brandy made for him? She did that because he loves Peanuts and Garfield. He has at least a dozen books that are filled with these comic strips.
We can't wait to introduce him to another comic strip. Soon he will have Pickles' books, and I think I just might read them, too.

1 comment:
and now you have them...
Post a Comment