When I was a boy my mother made me some "dummy pajamas" and I liked it.
I guess my parents wanted their boys to all be ventriloquists because one year for Christmas we got the only cool dolls for boys to play with -- ventriloquist dummies. As a side gift from my mother, each boy and his respective dummy received homemade matching pajamas.
Charlie McCarthy and I had matching abracadabra pajamas.
One night my mother just could not believe that I couldn't find any clean pajamas to wear to bed. She asked me if I had checked my drawer for pajamas. I told her yes.
With motherly skepticism she walked over to my dresser and opened a drawer. She quickly noticed some abracadabra pajama bottoms and dramatically pulled them out of the drawer and said, "ahhh-hhhaaa!"
The pants were only about twelve inches long and clearly fit for a dummy. We shared a good laugh but I honestly don't know where my abracadabra pajamas disappeared to and I can't remember if I ever saw them again.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
My Dummy Pajamas
Posted by
Paul
at
5:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment