Isaac had been out playing one day earlier this week when he came inside the house and was lingering in the entryway. After a short time he asked Brandy if she thought he should change his clothes.
He turned around and his backside was soaking wet. He and a neighbor boy had found a cool puddle and rode their bikes through it over and over again.
Isaac is our third child. He was not hurt and did nobody but himself harm. Brandy remained calm and simply told him to just change his clothes and put the wet clothes in the washing machine.
A few minutes later Isaac revealed to Brandy the inner turmoil his adventure had caused him. His young friend told him to tell Brandy that they did not see the puddle and accidentally fell into it.
The boy was persuasive and set on telling his own version of events. As they walked up our driveway, the boy told Paul Ivan, our older son, the lie that he created. Isaac felt real, palpable pressure to continue spreading the lie but in the end made the right choice and suffered no ill consequences for it.
I really hope that this is a landmark event in Isaac's life, something he can draw from when he is faced with other difficult decisions. I know that as his parents we are really proud that he made the right choice.
Brandy told him, "it looks like you are ready for baptism."
I believe he is and when he turns eight in August, I'm confident he will want to get that done. Then he can be a Cub Scout where he can continue to cultivate the traits that make men great.
He turned around and his backside was soaking wet. He and a neighbor boy had found a cool puddle and rode their bikes through it over and over again.
Isaac is our third child. He was not hurt and did nobody but himself harm. Brandy remained calm and simply told him to just change his clothes and put the wet clothes in the washing machine.
A few minutes later Isaac revealed to Brandy the inner turmoil his adventure had caused him. His young friend told him to tell Brandy that they did not see the puddle and accidentally fell into it.
The boy was persuasive and set on telling his own version of events. As they walked up our driveway, the boy told Paul Ivan, our older son, the lie that he created. Isaac felt real, palpable pressure to continue spreading the lie but in the end made the right choice and suffered no ill consequences for it.
I really hope that this is a landmark event in Isaac's life, something he can draw from when he is faced with other difficult decisions. I know that as his parents we are really proud that he made the right choice.
Brandy told him, "it looks like you are ready for baptism."
I believe he is and when he turns eight in August, I'm confident he will want to get that done. Then he can be a Cub Scout where he can continue to cultivate the traits that make men great.
2 comments:
Yeah Issac! What a great example you are. Peer pressure is always gong to be a huge factor in your life. I am glad you have "learn(ed) in your youth to keep the commandments of God" as your parents have obviously taught you.
I'll bet it was fun to get wet that way.
Thanks for being a good example of honesty.
Wonderful parenting I might say!
Post a Comment